To compile and install qnotify from source apply the following steps:
- You need to have the qt-libraries, qt-headers, kde-libraries and kde-headers installed.
- Unpack the downloaded tarball e.g. with tar or a graphical frontend like ark
- cd into the directory where you have unpacked the files
- Do a ./configure (./configure --help gives further instructions)
- Type "make"
- Login as root with "su root"
- Type "make install"
- That's it
Make sure that dcopserver and kded are running before starting ktray